Monday, November 06, 2006

Chapter 13 discussion

This chapter, too, reminded me of various meetings I've attended in the past 5-6 years as a high school teacher. We are frequently required to attend IEP (individualized education plan) meetings and 504 plan meetings, both of which are related to special education. So, with that in mind, when I think of "case studies," I immediately think of that type of setting...meeting to discuss the needs of a specific student and the accomodations that the teachers and guidance staff need to make for that individual. The second thing I think of in regards to case studies is that which takes place in the medical field. As a former nursing/pre-med major, I can definitely relate to that one. I also worked in the health field (during high school, I worked at a nursing home for nuns in Mankato, and during my undergraduate years, I worked in the Radiology department at ISJ-MHS hospital in Mankato) for a total of over 8 years. Funny how one little chapter heading can bring back all those memories?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home